I started this blog less than a month ago and must say it has truly been a wild ride. The response I’ve gotten has told me that there are lots of people out there who feel the need to break away from the mundane and do something out of their routine. I’ve been hoping people would see the blog as more than just a person sharing random pictures and it seems I’ve succeeded where at least one of my readers is concerned. :) I’m very excited to be saying thank you today to Gail who has nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award. Gail shares a variety of interesting pictures and some amazing stuff in her 365 project and means a lot to me to be selected by her.
The rules of the Versatile Blogger Award are:
1. Add the Versatile Award photo on a blog post
2. Thank the award-giver and link back to them in your post.
3. Share 7 things about myself.
4. Pass the award along to 10 favorite bloggers.
5. Contact the chosen bloggers to let them know about the award.
My Seven Things:
- I grew up in a small town in SC and took up photography in High School working as a student reporter for a web based newspaper
- I’ve had the pleasure of visiting England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales as a Student Ambassador for People to People International but unfortunately this was before my obsession with photography so I have few quality pictures from the trip
- In 2001 my world was turned upside down when my mom was hospitalized for 91 days with Lupus. I lived with friends and family for much of the duration. She made a full and miraculous recovery. My family and I give God all the glory for this
- I attended The University of Colorado at Boulder for a Semester on a Navy Scholarship but withdrew from that to pursue a career in photography and to train in Christian Ministry
- I currently serve as an assistant director in both my churches teen ministry and its children’s church
- I work for FUJIFILM USA as a photographer and graphics specialist
- I have fallen completely in love with my blog and hope I can one day do it full time
Here are my nominees for The Versatile Blogger Award: (in no particular order)
Once again, thanks Gail and thank you to all my readers for your constant encouragement and advice!